Monday, July 14, 2014

A Case of the Mondays

Hello at last! I've been off the radar in a major way because I've been packing (legitimate), moving (also legitimate), traveling (ehh...) and Tindering (oh boy) and all these pursuits have been taking me away from my little corner of the internet. I'm in a listicle mood because it's Monday and I worked a long-ass day today (no, not a long ass-day. Although it kind of felt like that too).

1. Packing! Dear God, is there anything less stressful than packing and moving? I moved officially yesterday and only brought with me a suitcase full of clothes, a duffel bag full of gym stuff, and a carryon suitcase full of makeup. I am officially a woman with four pairs of shoes but six shades of blush. Priorities are for idiots.

2. Moving - can this be a separate category? My new place is adorable but my bedroom is teeny tiny, hence the serious downsizing of my wardrobe. Most of my clothes are in storage and I brought with me only about thirty items of clothing. I'm not seriously considering a change to the minimalist lifestyle, a la Project 333, but it is weirdly comforting to know that everything I own, everything in my entire apartment, can be combined to form outfits and they've been pre-vetted so I know everything "works." That means nothing is missing a button or needing a hem fixed, nothing is a little too tight or a little too lose. Everything is shipshape and ready to go, which is a blessing because...

3. Work. I'm rostered for 60 hours per week plus call which isn't the worst schedule in the world but it's far from the best. I give myself another two weeks before I switch to all-scrubs all-the-time mode. The work itself is busy but manageable and thankfully busy days pass quickly. Today I met a little old lady with purple hair. Now I want purple hair too. Also we had this interaction:

Me: I've heard you're asking to see [consultant not involved with this patient's care]. Can you tell me why?
Purple Haired Glamazon: Do you have an iPhone? Google him.

I do. I realize it is the best looking man I've ever laid eyes on and I followed him down a corridor this morning just to see where he was going.

PHG: Ah, now, I wouldn't be kicking him out of bed for eating crisps!

I've seen my future, and it. is. awesome.

4. Tinder - How have I not tried this before now? I love making snap judgments, I love looking at pretty things online, it's like Tinder was made for me! Honestly the actual flirting and followup is a little bit more effort than I'm into, but the swiping left and right is positively addicting.

5. Running - I'm officially back in the game! I've been running for five weeks now with only minimal plantar fasciitis pain. I'm considering doing a half marathon next year and ideally a few more races in between now and then as well. I still want to do the Edinburgh Marathon very much but I'm a little nervous because it seems like I tend to injure myself when I go for distance. Fingers crossed for healthy feet and a healthy mind (equally crucial it seems).

And with this cartoon I leave you for a few days more. I used to have tidy lovely handwriting. Now expediency is the name of the game.

Not my cartoon. Because I can't write as tidy as that. 

Good night, and good luck!
xo CaitlinK

No comments:

Post a Comment